The Lexington chapter of the AGO posts job listings as a service to local and regional churches and other institutions. Position listings do not necessarily imply endorsement by the Lexington chapter of the AGO, nor does the Lexington chapter of the AGO accept responsibility for the accuracy of the material provided for these listings. Jobs will be listed upon request, free of charge, for two months.
To list your job opening on this page contact the Placement Chair, Schuyler Robinson, email@example.com.
- Substitute Organist, Faith Baptist Church, Georgetown, KY NEW LISTING 2/10/16
- Interim Music Director, Troy Presbyterian Church, Versailles, KY NEW LISTING 12/19/15
The Louisville AGO Chapter also has a list of Employment Opportunities in the Louisville area.
Faith Baptist Church, Georgetown, KY
Substitute Organist needed for some or all of March and possibly some later months at Faith Baptist Church in Georgetown. The church has a 2-manual Allen organ, model MDS-26 from 1996. Requirements are to play two voluntaries and 3 hymns each week for a traditional service. A pianist accompanies the choir. A Song Leader aids organization and keeps the service flowing smoothly. Contact Rick Leigh at 859-321-7355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interim Music Director
Troy Presbyterian Church, Versailles, KY
Troy Presbyterian Church, a small community church in Southern Woodford County, is seeking an interim music director for 6-12 months. Start date March 1st, 2016 or possibly sooner.
- Playing organ and (new Roland electronic) piano and directing adult choir during 11AM Sunday worship service, includes 20 min choir warm up before service.
- Directing Wed. evening choir practice (1.5 hours) with adult choir of 10-12 members; choir can chose hymns.
- Occasional seasonal duties for special worship services, functions and working with children's music program.
Pay will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Interim could transition to a permanent position if all parties are agreeable. Interested persons please contact Susan Bradish by email at email@example.com or cell (859) 559-6664