The Lexington chapter of the AGO posts job listings as a service to local and regional churches and other institutions. Position listings do not necessarily imply endorsement by the Lexington chapter of the AGO, nor does the Lexington chapter of the AGO accept responsibility for the accuracy of the material provided for these listings.
To list your job opening on this page contact the Placement Chair, Schuyler Robinson, email@example.com.
- University Organist, University of Evansville Neu Chapel, Evansville, IN NEW LISTING 8/10/14
- Accompanist, Twin Pines Christian Church, Lexington NEW LISTING 7/21/14
- Organist, First Christian Church, Danville NEW LISTING 7/19/14
- Organist/Pianist, First Presbyterian Church, Winchester NEW LISTING 7/4/14
- Organist and Choir Master, Trinity Episcopal Church, Owensboro
- Organist/Accompanist, First United Methodist Church Andover Campus, Lexington
- Organist and Pianist, Madison Avenue Christian Church, Covington
- Leader for Music Ministries, Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church, Asheville, NC
- Minister of Music, West End United Methodist Church, Nashville TN
- Organist/Pianist/Choir Director, Campbellsburg Christian Church, Henry County
- Director of Music Ministries, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Lexington
- Carlisle Christian Church, Carlisle
- Church Organist/Accompanist, First Christian Church (DCC), Georgetown
The Louisville AGO Chapter also has a list of Employment Opportunities in the Louisville area.
University of Evansville Neu Chapel, Evansville, IN
The Department of Religious Life seeks an experienced musician to join our Neu Chapel team and serve as University Organist. We are seeking someone who can help influence the vision and mission of University Worship and the ministries of Neu Chapel as they relate to the Strategic Goals of the University. University Worship at UE is dedicatedto stretching boundaries while educating musicians and candidates for ministry in preparation for both a life and a living in music and liturgy by working in a variety of genres, settings, and roles. Neu Chapel is the diverse religious and spiritual soul of the University of Evansville and helps connect people of all faiths and no faith through active engagement, worship, study, service, and fellowship.The University Organist works with the University Chaplain, student interns, and community volunteers to provide musical and liturgical leadership for Religious Life programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in worship planning on a weekly basis during the academic year and as needed when classes are not in session for long-range planning purposes.
- Work collaboratively with and mentor Neu Chapel student interns
- Rehearse with student interns and guest musicians as appropriate.
- Provide organ/piano music as directed by the UniversityChaplain for weekly University worship services, convocations and other University services/ceremonies/rituals (investitures, memorials, inaugurations, etc.).
- Support University liturgy, musically.
- Create and develop opportunities to promote the pipe organ to the campus and the wider community.
Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred or comparable professional certification in organ performance and/or sacred music (with emphasis in organ) and a minimum of five year's experience in liturgical performance, planning, and skills.
- Functional knowledge of basic organ, piano, and harpsichord maintenance
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, knowledge in music notation software helpful
- Ability to effectively recruit, practice with, and mentor student musicians
- Commitment to lifelong learning and continual development of professional skills
- Helpful attitude of collegiality and goodwill
To apply for this position, please complete the University of Evansville online application located at: http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm.
The University of Evansville operates under a non-discriminatory policy with regard to race, color, creed or religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Twin Pines Christian Church, Lexington, KY
This sets forth the terms and job description for the position of Pianist/Organist at Twin Pines Christian Church. This position will entail the following:
- Provide accompanying music for the congregation, choir, and other music ensembles at regular Sunday morning services.
- Accompany the choir during the regularly scheduled Wednesday night rehearsals and any other rehearsals deemed necessary by the Director of Music.
- May also provide accompaniment on a per event basis for weddings and funerals which will be paid by the private party.
- Reports directly to the Director of Music and will be evaluated once a year by the Senior Minister, Director of Music and Personnel Coordinator prior to the end of the contract period.
- Compensation is negotiable, ask within.
If interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume.
Twin Pines Christian Church
1139 Tanbark Drive
Lexington, KY 40515
First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Danville, KY
First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Danville, KY has a position available. An organist is needed to provide service music and accompany congregational singing for the 10:45 AM service on Sundays. Music is mostly traditional. The position does not require weekly rehearsals or accompaniments (choir, etc.) except on special occasions. This is a salaried position, paid semi-weekly, commensurate with experience. The organ is a well maintained Moeller, 2 manual, 14 ranks, built in 1968. Send resume to email@example.com.
For questions or additional information please contact Larry Davidson, Director of Music Ministry firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Presbyterian Church, Winchester, KY
- Collaborate and report to Director of Music
- Be in charge of service music (i.e. Prelude, Offertory, Postlude, Communion, etc.)
- Accompany adult choir and any soloists
- Be present for special services (Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday)
- Play 1 weekday rehearsal and 1 Sunday per week
- Quarter time position
First Presbyterian Church is looking for a person who is proficient in organ and piano. We value our traditional hymns on organ, but appreciate all types of choral music and service music. We enjoy a wide range of musical styles...just depends on where the spirit leads us. Our sanctuary has a 2-Manual Schlicker unit pipe organ, along with a brand new 5'5 Baldwin baby grand piano. Please email the church to apply c/o Martha Gamble c/o email@example.com
Trinity Episcopal Church, Owensboro, KY
- $20,000 per year
- 20 Hour Work Week
- Additional Compensation for Weddings & Funerals with First Right of Refusal
- Report to Father Pat Connell
- Attend Weekly Staff Meeting
- Attend Regular Meeting with Rector for Planning
- Maintain & Submit Vouchers for Any Paid Instrumentalists or Singers
- Provide Information for Service Bulletins & Proof as Needed
- Coordinate Maintenance and Repair of Organ and Tuning of Piano
Worship Service Preparation
- Coordinate Service Music Plan with Rector's Approval
- Lead Mid-Week and Sunday Morning Choir Rehearsals (Suspended in July & August)v
- Organ Practice of Hymns, Service Music, and Choir Accompaniment
- Play Organ and Direct Choir at One Service on Sunday
- Play Organ and Direct Choir at Liturgically Determined Special Services (Example, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, etc.)
- Arrange and Provide Music at Funerals and Weddings.
Music Library and Selection
- Maintain Music Library; Order New Pieces as Needed Within Budget
- Select Appropriate Music for Choir, Based on Availability and Caliber of Voices
- Seeks and Takes Part in Various Conferences and/or Workshops in Order To Keep Music Ministry Fresh
- 2-manual 11-rank Holtkamp (1975)
- Resume Deadline is July 31, 2014
- Contact Information: Trinity Episcopal Church Music Search Committee, TrinityMusicSearchCommittee@outlook.com
First United Methodist Church Andover Campus, Lexington, KY
The Andover Campus (AC) is a 6-year old satellite ministry of First United Methodist Church of Lexington. The AC averages 185 persons between two Sunday morning worship experiences.
- Report directly to Music Director (and collaborate with)
- Have experience in performing various styles of music to include hymns
- Be responsible for worship service music: prelude, offertory, postlude, communion
- Be present at choir rehearsal and accompany the adult choir
- Be available to accompany youth and children's choir, solos and instrumentalists
- Be available to play at other special services throughout the year
- Subscribe to Christian belief and principles
- Attend staff meetings regarding worship
- Give advance notice in case of absence (sufficient to find substitute)
- Salary negotiable
Please contact Janell Hamilton, Music Director at 859-327-3292
Organist and Pianist
Madison Avenue Christian Church, Covington, KY
- quarter-time hours
- 1 Sunday service, 1 Thursday evening rehearsal
- Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday yearly
- Wedding and Funerals afford extra compensation
- expected to accompany adult choir, soloists, guest musicians and congregation hymns
- 7 Ft. Kawai piano, 23 Rank Moeller pipe organ
- 2 weeks vacation; no weekly rehearsals in July and August, only
- weekly services
- minimum Bachelor's degree preferred
- salary starting at $12,000 commensurate with experience
Respond with resume to Karen Bruin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Leader of Music Ministries
Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church, Asheville, NC
Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) in Asheville, North Carolina is searching for a leader(s) for our music ministries. The needs of Grace Covenant in this area might be filled by one or more persons - either a full-time choral director and organist, or a combination of part-time staff, such as a separate choral/program director and organist. We are approaching this opening by defining our needs as a congregation and ask candidates to address their ability to meet these needs.
To view/download the Statement of Needs for the position, learn more about this growing, inclusive, diverse 750-member congregation, listen to recent choir anthems and worship services, and view our organ specs please visit our website at the following link: http://gcpcusa.org/calendar-current-events/music-search-committee/.
To apply for the position candidates should submit the following materials to email@example.com no later than February 15, 2014 to guarantee consideration.
A letter of interest, a resume/C.V., a brief statement of faith and philosophy of church music, references and current recordings (mp3, Youtube, etc.) demonstrating examples of choral conducting/organ technique. Links to personal sites or cloud storage are acceptable.
After review by the Music Search Committee selected candidates will be contacted for further conversation. Our goal is to fill this position no later than June 1, 2014.
Minister of Music
West End United Methodist Church, Nashville, TN
West End United Methodist Church, located in an urban setting in Nashville, Tennessee, is seeking a
full time Minister of Music. Our church of more than 2200 members strongly supports a traditional
music program that is nationally known for excellence. The music ministry, which provides music for
the weekly liturgical services, includes adult choirs, handbell choirs, and children's choirs along
with concerts accompanied by orchestra and a variety of other worship services. Ten years of experience
and a Master's degree are preferred. For more details or to apply, please go to
Campbellsburg Christian Church, Henry County, KY (20 miles from Shelbyville)
We are seeking a part time pianist/organist/choir director. The position is two days a week (Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings) as well as several extra services throughout the year. The pay is approximately $175 per week (flexible). This would be an excellent position for a student. We are a small but loving church that would be terrific ground upon which to learn and grow. Contact Rev. Rob Shrader (606) 224-3055
Director of Music Ministries
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Lexington, KY.
Music Ministry: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, a parish of approximately 800 families, located in Lexington, Kentucky is seeking a Director of Music Ministries to begin on July 1. Strong organ, keyboard and vocal skills and competency in ensemble and choir direction are required. Candidates need to be able to provide leadership and direction in the planning and implementation of all liturgical music. The ability to work toward promoting lively and engaging liturgies that involve volunteer musicians is expected. The Music Minister must be able to work well in a collaborative environment, which includes a parish school and multiple ensembles. Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in Music/Liturgy or equivalent education and preferably three to five years experience in a parish setting will be given preference.
Applicants must be a practicing Catholic and must be available to work weekends and some evenings. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2013.
First Christian Church (DCC), Georgetown, KY.
Individual needed for a part-time organist position. The individual selected enhances the worship services of First Christian Church (DCC), Georgetown by using the organ or piano to lift the congregation in music for the praise of God. Duties include selecting and providing music at all Sunday worship services, infrequent mid-week worship services (as needed) and all special celebrations of worship where the organ or piano are the primary instrument used, accompanying vocalists and instrumentalists as scheduled as scheduled by the choir director and worship committee, selecting and purchasing music within budget, attending weekly choir practices, and submitting information for weekly bulletins by the deadline established by the administrative assistant. The individual selected also oversees the tuning and maintenance of all keyboard musical instruments of the church.
The individual will practice with the choir on Wednesday evening and prior to Sunday service. Playing on Georgetown's premiere organ, a Bunn-Minnick organ (2M/18 ranks). The organist has the freedom to set work hours which allow sufficient time for personal rehearsal and selection of the weekly musical offerings for worship services. The organist is expected to work closely with the choir director, adult choir, and occasional soloists to ensure the music selected reflects the theme of the service. The organist works under the direction of the choir director and ultimately, reports to the senior minister with input from the Worship Committee.
The individual selected has the opportunity to provide organ/piano music for all weddings and funerals held at the church when the organ/piano is the primary instrument used. Compensation for these services is not provided by the church, but are honorariums from couples and families at an amount agreed to by the organist and those requesting the services. The use of the organ by another organist is only allowed by special permission of the senior minister and/or choir director.
The position requires a high school education and at least two years of related experience, including sufficient keyboard ability to sight read hymns and anthem accompaniments. Preference will be given to candidates who have a bachelor's degree in music, music education, or a related field, knowledge of a variety of church music and how it is used in worship, excellent organizational and communication skills, and the ability to be an effective and integral member of a team.
Please apply by Wednesday, August 31st, however resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. You may send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. First Chrisitian Church is an equal opportunity employer.