The Lexington chapter of the AGO posts job listings as a service to local and regional churches and other institutions. Position listings do not necessarily imply endorsement by the Lexington chapter of the AGO, nor does the Lexington chapter of the AGO accept responsibility for the accuracy of the material provided for these listings.
To list your job opening on this page contact the Placement Chair, Schuyler Robinson, email@example.com.
- Organist and Pianist, Madison Avenue Christian Church, Covington NEW LISTING 3/3/14
- Leader for Music Ministries, Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church, Asheville, NC
- Pianist, Crestwood Christian Church
- Minister of Music, West End United Methodist Church, Nashville TN
- Part Time Director of Music, Twin Pines Christian Church, Lexington
- Organist/Pianist, Woodland Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Organist/Pianist/Choir Director, Campbellsburg Christian Church, Henry County
- Director of Music Ministries, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Lexington
- Carlisle Christian Church, Carlisle
- Church Organist/Accompanist, First Christian Church (DCC), Georgetown
The Louisville AGO Chapter also has a list of Employment Opportunities in the Louisville area.
Organist and Pianist
Madison Avenue Christian Church, Covington, KY
- quarter-time hours
- 1 Sunday service, 1 Thursday evening rehearsal
- Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday yearly
- Wedding and Funerals afford extra compensation
- expected to accompany adult choir, soloists, guest musicians and congregation hymns
- 7 Ft. Kawai piano, 23 Rank Moeller pipe organ
- 2 weeks vacation; no weekly rehearsals in July and August, only
- weekly services
- minimum Bachelor's degree preferred
- salary starting at $12,000 commensurate with experience
Respond with resume to Karen Bruin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Leader of Music Ministries
Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church, Asheville, NC
Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) in Asheville, North Carolina is searching for a leader(s) for our music ministries. The needs of Grace Covenant in this area might be filled by one or more persons - either a full-time choral director and organist, or a combination of part-time staff, such as a separate choral/program director and organist. We are approaching this opening by defining our needs as a congregation and ask candidates to address their ability to meet these needs.
To view/download the Statement of Needs for the position, learn more about this growing, inclusive, diverse 750-member congregation, listen to recent choir anthems and worship services, and view our organ specs please visit our website at the following link: http://gcpcusa.org/calendar-current-events/music-search-committee/.
To apply for the position candidates should submit the following materials to email@example.com no later than February 15, 2014 to guarantee consideration.
A letter of interest, a resume/C.V., a brief statement of faith and philosophy of church music, references and current recordings (mp3, Youtube, etc.) demonstrating examples of choral conducting/organ technique. Links to personal sites or cloud storage are acceptable.
After review by the Music Search Committee selected candidates will be contacted for further conversation. Our goal is to fill this position no later than June 1, 2014.
Crestwood Christian Church, Lexington, KY
Pianist needed for 8:30 am Sunday service, to provide service music and accompany congregational singing. Salary is $100/week. Contact the Rev. Kory Wilcoxson, Crestwood Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), 1882 Bellefonte Drive, Lexington KY 40503, or 859-266-0459 for more information or to apply.
Minister of Music
West End United Methodist Church, Nashville, TN
West End United Methodist Church, located in an urban setting in Nashville, Tennessee, is seeking a
full time Minister of Music. Our church of more than 2200 members strongly supports a traditional
music program that is nationally known for excellence. The music ministry, which provides music for
the weekly liturgical services, includes adult choirs, handbell choirs, and children's choirs along
with concerts accompanied by orchestra and a variety of other worship services. Ten years of experience
and a Master's degree are preferred. For more details or to apply, please go to
Part Time Director of Music
Twin Pines Christian Church, Lexington, KY
Twin Pines Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is a mission-focused congregation that welcomes all people to the Lord's Table. We strive to provide a true blended worship experience - blending many music types within the service in order to touch all who come to worship. We currently have an opening for a part-time Music Director with duties that include developing, coordinating and administrating a thriving, well-rounded music program. Will work closely with the minister, accompanist, Praise Band/Team, music committee, youth minister, Worship Team, and music volunteers.
Attributes specific to music include:
- Education, training and background in the music discipline.
- A high level of overall musicianship.
- Experience in choral direction, arranging and accompanying.
- Ability to effectively build, maintain and direct a thriving music ministry.
- Piano skills for leading congregational singing are preferred.
- Solo performance experience.
- Appreciation for and ability to perform and lead various styles of music.
- Ability to learn or work a sound booth.
- Enthusiastically imitates means of bringing new or innovative ways of incorporating music into church events.
- Regularly seeks feedback from the congregation and music committee to make improvements or adjustments to all aspects of TPCC's music ministry.
General attributes and abilities include:
- Leadership skills or the ability to learn leadership skills.
- Ability and desire to work with, inspire, and help others.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Woodland Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Lexington, KY
Woodland Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is an open and affirming congregation that seeks to engage both hearts and minds in a progressive faith that celebrates God's love for all people.
Woodland is currently accepting applications for the position of organist/pianist. This is a part time position; 4 hours expected service/rehearsal time plus practice time as needed. Vacation time is accrued. The position does not include medical benefits or paid professional development.
- Select, rehearse and play service music for Sunday morning worship to include: prelude, offertory, communion, postlude.
- Be at church ready to rehearse choir by 9:15 on Sunday mornings.
- Attend weekly evening choir rehearsals during the school year.
- Rehearse with the choir and accompany the anthem during the serviceas directed by the Music Director/during the summer months when choir is on break, accompany soloists or instrumentalists.
- Perform special services during the year, including, but not limited to Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and any extra rehearsals deemed by the Music Director to be necessary to prepare for particular services.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- Proficient on both organ and piano.
- Team player
Description of the organ
Reuter - 1960, Opus 1293. The organ is in chambers to the sides at the front of the room. There are no visible pipes. Traditional style console with roll top. The console is in a fixed position, center. Two manuals. 3 divisions. 25 stops. 18 ranks. (unaltered) Tubular pneumatic key action [vacuum]. Pneumatic stop action. Stop keys above top manual. Balanced swell shoes/pedals, standard AGO placement. Combination Action: 'Hold and Set' pneumatic/mechanical system. AGO Standard (concave radiating) pedalboard. Crescendo Pedal. Combination action thumb pistons.
Please send resume with cover letter to:
Campbellsburg Christian Church, Henry County, KY (20 miles from Shelbyville)
We are seeking a part time pianist/organist/choir director. The position is two days a week (Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings) as well as several extra services throughout the year. The pay is approximately $175 per week (flexible). This would be an excellent position for a student. We are a small but loving church that would be terrific ground upon which to learn and grow. Contact Rev. Rob Shrader (606) 224-3055
Director of Music Ministries
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Lexington, KY.
Music Ministry: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, a parish of approximately 800 families, located in Lexington, Kentucky is seeking a Director of Music Ministries to begin on July 1. Strong organ, keyboard and vocal skills and competency in ensemble and choir direction are required. Candidates need to be able to provide leadership and direction in the planning and implementation of all liturgical music. The ability to work toward promoting lively and engaging liturgies that involve volunteer musicians is expected. The Music Minister must be able to work well in a collaborative environment, which includes a parish school and multiple ensembles. Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in Music/Liturgy or equivalent education and preferably three to five years experience in a parish setting will be given preference.
Applicants must be a practicing Catholic and must be available to work weekends and some evenings. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Please send resume to email@example.com by May 15, 2013.
First Christian Church (DCC), Georgetown, KY.
Individual needed for a part-time organist position. The individual selected enhances the worship services of First Christian Church (DCC), Georgetown by using the organ or piano to lift the congregation in music for the praise of God. Duties include selecting and providing music at all Sunday worship services, infrequent mid-week worship services (as needed) and all special celebrations of worship where the organ or piano are the primary instrument used, accompanying vocalists and instrumentalists as scheduled as scheduled by the choir director and worship committee, selecting and purchasing music within budget, attending weekly choir practices, and submitting information for weekly bulletins by the deadline established by the administrative assistant. The individual selected also oversees the tuning and maintenance of all keyboard musical instruments of the church.
The individual will practice with the choir on Wednesday evening and prior to Sunday service. Playing on Georgetown's premiere organ, a Bunn-Minnick organ (2M/18 ranks). The organist has the freedom to set work hours which allow sufficient time for personal rehearsal and selection of the weekly musical offerings for worship services. The organist is expected to work closely with the choir director, adult choir, and occasional soloists to ensure the music selected reflects the theme of the service. The organist works under the direction of the choir director and ultimately, reports to the senior minister with input from the Worship Committee.
The individual selected has the opportunity to provide organ/piano music for all weddings and funerals held at the church when the organ/piano is the primary instrument used. Compensation for these services is not provided by the church, but are honorariums from couples and families at an amount agreed to by the organist and those requesting the services. The use of the organ by another organist is only allowed by special permission of the senior minister and/or choir director.
The position requires a high school education and at least two years of related experience, including sufficient keyboard ability to sight read hymns and anthem accompaniments. Preference will be given to candidates who have a bachelor's degree in music, music education, or a related field, knowledge of a variety of church music and how it is used in worship, excellent organizational and communication skills, and the ability to be an effective and integral member of a team.
Please apply by Wednesday, August 31st, however resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. You may send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. First Chrisitian Church is an equal opportunity employer.