The Lexington chapter of the AGO posts job listings as a service to local and regional churches and other institutions. Position listings do not necessarily imply endorsement by the Lexington chapter of the AGO, nor does the Lexington chapter of the AGO accept responsibility for the accuracy of the material provided for these listings. Jobs will be listed upon request, free of charge, for two months.
To list your job opening on this page contact the Placement Chair, Schuyler Robinson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choir Accompanist (piano), First Presbyterian Church, Winchester, KY NEW LISTING 9/27/14
- Part Time, Interim Organist, Faith Lutheran Church ELCA, Lexington, KY NEW LISTING 9/27/14
- University Organist, University of Evansville Neu Chapel, Evansville, IN NEW LISTING 8/10/14
- Accompanist, Twin Pines Christian Church, Lexington NEW LISTING 7/21/14
- Organist, First Christian Church, Danville NEW LISTING 7/19/14
The Louisville AGO Chapter also has a list of Employment Opportunities in the Louisville area.
Choir Accompanist (piano)
First Presbyterian Church, Winchester, KY
First Presbyterian Church, Winchester, Ky. is looking for an accompanist for its choir. This will involve Wednesday night rehearsals 7 - 9 pm. and Sunday mornings 10 - 11:30am. If interested please call Martha Gamble (859-744-2799) or the church (859-744-3722).
Part Time, Interim Organist
Faith Lutheran Church ELCA, Lexington, KY
Faith Lutheran Church ELCA,1000 Tates Creek Road,Lexington seeks a Part time, interim organist beginning November through January. There are two Sunday morning services (8:30 and 11), and responsibilities include a prelude, postlude, 3 hymns, accompaniment for the cantor (usually Psalm intonement)and additional hymns of Praise / communion liturgy (Holy,holy, holy and Lamb of God). Weekly rehearsal times with adult, children and handbell choirs. The church features a Steiner tracker organ from 1974 and a Yamaha Grand piano.
The candidate may also be considered for the full time position beginning in 2015 if desired. Please contact Debbie Rosenberg at email@example.com or phone 859-421-8022 for further information.
University of Evansville Neu Chapel, Evansville, IN
The Department of Religious Life seeks an experienced musician to join our Neu Chapel team and serve as University Organist. We are seeking someone who can help influence the vision and mission of University Worship and the ministries of Neu Chapel as they relate to the Strategic Goals of the University. University Worship at UE is dedicatedto stretching boundaries while educating musicians and candidates for ministry in preparation for both a life and a living in music and liturgy by working in a variety of genres, settings, and roles. Neu Chapel is the diverse religious and spiritual soul of the University of Evansville and helps connect people of all faiths and no faith through active engagement, worship, study, service, and fellowship.The University Organist works with the University Chaplain, student interns, and community volunteers to provide musical and liturgical leadership for Religious Life programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in worship planning on a weekly basis during the academic year and as needed when classes are not in session for long-range planning purposes.
- Work collaboratively with and mentor Neu Chapel student interns
- Rehearse with student interns and guest musicians as appropriate.
- Provide organ/piano music as directed by the UniversityChaplain for weekly University worship services, convocations and other University services/ceremonies/rituals (investitures, memorials, inaugurations, etc.).
- Support University liturgy, musically.
- Create and develop opportunities to promote the pipe organ to the campus and the wider community.
Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred or comparable professional certification in organ performance and/or sacred music (with emphasis in organ) and a minimum of five year's experience in liturgical performance, planning, and skills.
- Functional knowledge of basic organ, piano, and harpsichord maintenance
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, knowledge in music notation software helpful
- Ability to effectively recruit, practice with, and mentor student musicians
- Commitment to lifelong learning and continual development of professional skills
- Helpful attitude of collegiality and goodwill
To apply for this position, please complete the University of Evansville online application located at: http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm.
The University of Evansville operates under a non-discriminatory policy with regard to race, color, creed or religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Twin Pines Christian Church, Lexington, KY
This sets forth the terms and job description for the position of Pianist/Organist at Twin Pines Christian Church. This position will entail the following:
- Provide accompanying music for the congregation, choir, and other music ensembles at regular Sunday morning services.
- Accompany the choir during the regularly scheduled Wednesday night rehearsals and any other rehearsals deemed necessary by the Director of Music.
- May also provide accompaniment on a per event basis for weddings and funerals which will be paid by the private party.
- Reports directly to the Director of Music and will be evaluated once a year by the Senior Minister, Director of Music and Personnel Coordinator prior to the end of the contract period.
- Compensation is negotiable, ask within.
If interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume.
Twin Pines Christian Church
1139 Tanbark Drive
Lexington, KY 40515
First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Danville, KY
First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Danville, KY has a position available. An organist is needed to provide service music and accompany congregational singing for the 10:45 AM service on Sundays. Music is mostly traditional. The position does not require weekly rehearsals or accompaniments (choir, etc.) except on special occasions. This is a salaried position, paid semi-weekly, commensurate with experience. The organ is a well maintained Moeller, 2 manual, 14 ranks, built in 1968. Send resume to email@example.com.
For questions or additional information please contact Larry Davidson, Director of Music Ministry firstname.lastname@example.org.