The Lexington chapter of the AGO posts job listings as a service to local and regional churches and other institutions. Position listings do not necessarily imply endorsement by the Lexington chapter of the AGO, nor does the Lexington chapter of the AGO accept responsibility for the accuracy of the material provided for these listings. Jobs will be listed upon request, free of charge, for two months.
To list your job opening on this page contact the Placement Chair, Schuyler Robinson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organist/Choir Director, Park United Methodist Church, Lexington, KY NEW LISTING 5/25/15
- Pianist, Nicholasville Presbyterian Church, Nicholasville, KY NEW LISTING 5/13/15
- Organist, Broadway Baptist Church, Louisville, KY NEW LISTING 4/28/15
- Pianist (part time), Lexington Avenue Baptist Church, Danville, KY NEW LISTING 4/13/15
- Choir Director, Providence Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Nicholasville, KY NEW LISTING 3/30/15
- Church Organist/Pianist (part time), Winchester First UMC, Winchester, KY NEW LISTING 12/17/14
The Louisville AGO Chapter also has a list of Employment Opportunities in the Louisville area.
Park United Methodist Church, Lexington, KY
- Elevate the worship experience of the congregation and glorify God through music.
- Provide organ accompaniment for the congregation and direct the adult choir during the 11:00 Sunday morning traditional worship service and at weekly choir rehearsal.
- Work with the pastor and pianist to choose music for worship.
- Recruit outside guest musicians and vocalists for periodic services and special holiday services, as the budget will allow.
- Tasks associated with the position are expected to require 10 hours per week, to include selecting music, providing music and choir direction for the traditional worship, choir rehearsal and personal practice time.
- Additional music ministry opportunities exist, including utilizing the church's hand bells and incorporating children into the music offerings.
Park Church is a warm and friendly congregation with a mission to love and serve God, one another, and our community. Candidates should have a servant attitude and the desire to utilize God's gifts to bring Him glory and to uplift the church body. Please send cover letter and resume to Kate Burton at email@example.com.
Nicholasville Presbyterian Church, Nicholasville, KY
A pianist is needed for Sunday worship services and choir practice. Contact Reecie Ratliff, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Broadway Baptist Church, Louisville, KY
This position description identifies the job function associate with the position of Organist at Broadway Baptist Church. BBC employees are subject to the personnel standards and procedures reflected in the Person Policy Manual.The position of Organist (ORG) is responsible for the following duties, and reports directly to the Associate Pastor of Music and Worship (MMW):
- Work in conjunction with the music ministry team at BBC: including MMW, paid pianist, paid children's choir leader, and several volunteers.
- Play for all regular and special services of the church.
- Accompany all regular and special rehearsals of the chancel choir
- Rehearse and accompany all vocalists and instrumentalists, whether volunteers or hired
- Select and prepare appropriate service music that is supportive of and enhances the thematic approach to worship. Ie: Advent, Lent, sermon series or lectionary.
- Select and prepare appropriate music for funerals, weddings and special services as requested by the Pastor or MMW. An honorarium will be negotiated within the agreement letter.
- The organist will not be eligible for absences during the seasons of Advent and Lent. The church will provide remuneration for a substitute organist for regular paid time off. TheOrganist will work with the MMW in securing qualified substitutes in his/her absence. All absences are to be cleared in advance with the MMW.
- Along with the MMW help supervise and maintain the sanctuary and chapel organs, and otherkeyboard instruments as deemed necessary. I.e.: music suite, sanctuary and chapel.
- Will meet with the MMW on a weekly basis, quarterly with the music ministry team, and with music committee or the personnel committee upon request.
- This job description will be reviewed annually in conjunction with the evaluation of the organist. Changes must be approved by the music and personnel committee.
- The organist is expected to be a team player and demonstrate a positive spirit and attitude when working with the MMW, choirs and soloists, and when leading the congregation.
- Termination of employment requires thirty days' notice from either party.
Contact Person: Robert Gammon
Contact Email: email@example.com
Salary Range: 21,000-25,000 (depending on degrees and experience)
Pianist (part time)
Lexington Avenue Baptist Church, Danville, KY
Lexington Avenue Baptist Church, Danville, KY is seeking a part-time pianist to play for weekly Sunday Morning Services and Wednesday Evening Choir Rehearsals. Music is primarily traditional hymns and choral anthems. Experience is not required but would be helpful. Pay is around $100 per week. If interested please call Philip Quinn @ 859.329.7056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Providence Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Nicholasville, KY
Providence Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), 101 Providence Way, Nicholasville, KY (Brannon Crossing) seeks a choir director. We are looking for someone with experience who desires a low-stress, high-joy job conducting a small choir. Choir meets Wednesday evenings and sings Sunday mornings and occasional special services. The job description can be found on the church website: providenceccdoc.org. Interested people are encouraged to call 859-272-3655 or email email@example.com.
Church Organist/Pianist (part time)
Winchester First United Methodist Church, Winchester, KY
This position will work in collaboration with the pastoral staff, music director and choir in providing accompanying piano and organ music for rehearsals, the congregation and choir at Sunday morning services, and during several special music events. As well, the organist would provide a prelude, offertory, and postlude for most Sunday services. Our musical assets include a Baldwin Grand piano, 1917, refurbished 21 Rank Pipe Organ, 18 member Choir, and 4 Octave Handbell Choir with extensive music library, including instrumental parts. In addition to having spiritual maturity and strength of character, the ideal candidate should have extensive organ performance experience in a church setting and knowledge of the appropriate literature.
Please submit resume, references and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.winfumc.org, Facebook: Winchester First United Methodist Church
Posted 12/17/2014, Updated 5/5/2015