The Lexington chapter of the AGO posts job listings as a service to local and regional churches and other institutions. Position listings do not necessarily imply endorsement by the Lexington chapter of the AGO, nor does the Lexington chapter of the AGO accept responsibility for the accuracy of the material provided for these listings. Jobs will be listed upon request, free of charge, for two months.
To list your job opening on this page contact the Placement Chair, Schuyler Robinson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organist, Burgin Christian Church, Burgin NEW LISTING 4/13/17
- Organist, St. Luke Catholic Church, Nicholasville NEW LISTING 3/27/17
- Organist, First Christian Church, Georgetown NEW LISTING 2/28/17
- Kentucky Wildcats Baseball Organist, Cliff Hagan Stadium, Lexington NEW LISTING 1/25/17
- Part Time Organist/Accompanist, Middletown United Methodist Church, Louisville NEW LISTING 1/24/17
The Louisville AGO Chapter also has a list of Employment Opportunities in the Louisville area.
Burgin Christian Church, Burgin, KY
The Organist is responsible for attending worship each Sunday (and special services i.e., Christmas Eve, etc.) to play the organ in these designated areas: Prelude, Hymns, Gloria Patri, Doxology, Postlude, as well as playing music during offering and communion. On occasion the organist may be asked to accompany the choir in the special music which will be arranged with the Choir Director. For more information contact Joshua Snyder at email@example.com, or call the church at 859-748-5235.
St. Luke Catholic Church, Nicholasville, KY
St. Luke Catholic Church in Nicholasville is looking for someone to accompany two services on weekends at 4:30 p.m. Saturday and 7:30 a.m. Sunday. Person must be accomplished on piano or organ or keyboard, able to sight-read well, and willing to work with a choir and various cantors. Knowledge of the Catholic liturgy is preferred, but not required as individual hired can be trained to follow the Catholic service. This position is under the music director, but person hired must be able to play for our worship service with or without a music director present. Our organ is an Allen electronic model located in a choir loft overlooking the congregation from the back of the church. Call the Church office at 859-885-4892 during office hours of 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday with any questions and send a resume' to the church at the address listed below. Salary will be commensurate with ability and experience. St. Luke Catholic Church is a faith-filled, family-oriented, Christian community. Our lovely church is located at 304 South Main Street in Nicholasville.
First Christian Church (DOC), Georgetown, KY
The Organist/Accompanist provides musical leadership and accompaniment for services of worship.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Rehearse with the choir in preparation for worship
- Lead and accompany the congregation and choir during Weekly Sunday morning worship
- Provide musical leadership and accompaniment for services on special occasions which include but are not limited to:
- Maundy Thursday
- Christmas Eve
- Special Children's Choir performances
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency in piano performance; including sight reading
- Ability to communicate effectively with and follow the leadership of the Choir Director in planning and rehearsals
- Accomplished in playing the pipe organ
- Professionalism and punctuality essential
First Christian Church (DOC)
112 College Street
Georgetown, KY 40324
Kentucky Wildcats Baseball Organist
Cliff Hagan Stadium, Lexington, KY
The University of Kentucky Baseball team is looking for a game day organist to play during home baseball games. Applicants will be asked to provide their own keyboard organ, work roughly 3-4 hours on game day, have a general knowledge of baseball and the sounds of baseball, and be able to play Top 40/Country/Classic Rock songs.
Position: Game Day Baseball Organist
Position status: Game Day Position
Compensation: Pay is negotiable (Maximum of 31 games. Minimum of 17 games - SEC homes games + Louisville game + Indiana game)
Reports to: Greg Herbert, Assistant Director of Marketing at UK Athletics
Position Description: The organist assists in creating an exciting environment for all fans at Cliff Hagan Stadium (the home for Kentucky Baseball).
- Prepare for and play music at various times in-game.
- Average game length is 3-4 hours. Some games will be shorter than that. Depending on the game, early dismissal is probable.
- Coordinate with the Assistant Director of Marketing on select songs to have ready
- Required songs: National Anthem & Take Me Out To The Ballgame
- General knowledge of baseball and the songs you would hear at a stadium
- Ability to work weekends
- Outgoing personality and someone who is able to work well with the Marketing team
- Adaptability to game progression and needs of game presenters
To schedule a tryout, please contact:
Assistant Director of Marketing
University of Kentucky Athletics - Baseball
Part Time Organist/Accompanist
Middletown United Methodist Church, Louisville, KY
The Middletown United Methodist Church in Louisville is in need of a part-time organist/accompanist to join our music team. We have a 3-manual Johannus digital organ in the sanctuary, a 2-manual Johannus Opus 5 in the chapel, and a Yamaha grand piano in the sanctuary. Interested individuals can send their resume and 3 references to Kristen Schussler, firstname.lastname@example.org, and are welcome to call or email for more information.
Position status: Salaried, part time
Reports to: Director of Music & Worship
Position Description: The organist assists in leading worship and congregational singing for 2 weekly Sunday morning worship services, and other seasonal services as needed.
- Plans, practices, and participates in the following services:
- 2 Sunday morning worship services: 8:30am Traditional and 11:00am Blended
- Holy Week services
- Christmas Eve services
- Weddings and funerals as needed
- Special music events
- Accompanies congregational singing of hymns, and prepares and plays service music appropriate to the occasion.
- Regularly accompanies the orchestra during weekly Wednesday rehearsals and for Sunday worship. Accompanies the choir anthems as needed, and attends Wednesday choir rehearsals as needed.
- Assists the Director of Music & Worship and the pianist to inspire and support the volunteer musicians of the church, helping them to meet the challenges of music ministry.
- Maintains a positive, Christ-centered attitude affirming and encouraging individuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum of five years' experience as an organist in a church setting; degree in Music preferred.
Director of Music and Worship
Middletown United Methodist Church
502-244-7569 / middletownumc.org
M.M., Belmont University
B.Mus., Ithaca College