The Lexington chapter of the AGO posts job listings as a service to local and regional churches and other institutions. Position listings do not necessarily imply endorsement by the Lexington chapter of the AGO, nor does the Lexington chapter of the AGO accept responsibility for the accuracy of the material provided for these listings. Jobs will be listed upon request, free of charge, for two months.
To list your job opening on this page contact the Placement Chair, Schuyler Robinson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organist/Choir Director, Calvin Presbyterian Church, Louisville, KY NEW LISTING 8/26/15
- Part-time Choir Director, South Frankfort Presbyterian Church, Frankfort, KY NEW LISTING 7/12/15
- Organist/Choir Director, Park United Methodist Church, Lexington, KY NEW LISTING 5/25/15
- Pianist, Nicholasville Presbyterian Church, Nicholasville, KY NEW LISTING 5/13/15
- Pianist (part time), Lexington Avenue Baptist Church, Danville, KY NEW LISTING 4/13/15
- Choir Director, Providence Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Nicholasville, KY NEW LISTING 3/30/15
- Church Organist/Pianist (part time), Winchester First UMC, Winchester, KY NEW LISTING 12/17/14
The Louisville AGO Chapter also has a list of Employment Opportunities in the Louisville area.
Calvin Presbyterian Church, Louisville, KY
Position Description: This is a 3/8 time position. Duties include:
- Music planning (hymns, choral, organ, and instrumental for special services)
- Playing for the 11:00 a.m. Sunday service (organ and piano) and other services (funerals, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.) as needed.
- Weekly/biweekly worship planning meeting with the Pastor and other staff
- Directing/rehearsing weekly choir rehearsals in preparation for the Sunday morning traditional reformed worship service. The choir is small but members are musically knowledgeable.
Qualifications: We desire someone with a Bachelor's Degree in Music (BA, BME, BM) or higher, or equivalent experience.
Instrument: 28 rank Casavant Organ.
Instructions: Send letter of interest with resume to the Church Office, c/o Donna Jentes. Contact the Church Office with any additional questions. Donna Jentes, Office Administrator, 502.896.0303, CalvinOffice@bellsouth.net
For more information on Calvin Presbyterian Church, visit www.CalvinPresChurch.org.
Part-time Choir Director
South Frankfort Presbyterian Church, Frankfort, KY
One Sunday service and weekly choir rehearsal, 110 years of traditional worship and music. The church website is sfpcky.org
Submit your resume to the church email: email@example.com.
Park United Methodist Church, Lexington, KY
- Elevate the worship experience of the congregation and glorify God through music.
- Provide organ accompaniment for the congregation and direct the adult choir during the 11:00 Sunday morning traditional worship service and at weekly choir rehearsal.
- Work with the pastor and pianist to choose music for worship.
- Recruit outside guest musicians and vocalists for periodic services and special holiday services, as the budget will allow.
- Tasks associated with the position are expected to require 10 hours per week, to include selecting music, providing music and choir direction for the traditional worship, choir rehearsal and personal practice time.
- Additional music ministry opportunities exist, including utilizing the church's hand bells and incorporating children into the music offerings.
Park Church is a warm and friendly congregation with a mission to love and serve God, one another, and our community. Candidates should have a servant attitude and the desire to utilize God's gifts to bring Him glory and to uplift the church body. Please send cover letter and resume to Kate Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nicholasville Presbyterian Church, Nicholasville, KY
A pianist is needed for Sunday worship services and choir practice. Contact Reecie Ratliff, email@example.com.
Pianist (part time)
Lexington Avenue Baptist Church, Danville, KY
Lexington Avenue Baptist Church, Danville, KY is seeking a part-time pianist to play for weekly Sunday Morning Services and Wednesday Evening Choir Rehearsals. Music is primarily traditional hymns and choral anthems. Experience is not required but would be helpful. Pay is around $100 per week. If interested please call Philip Quinn @ 859.329.7056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Providence Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Nicholasville, KY
Providence Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), 101 Providence Way, Nicholasville, KY (Brannon Crossing) seeks a choir director. We are looking for someone with experience who desires a low-stress, high-joy job conducting a small choir. Choir meets Wednesday evenings and sings Sunday mornings and occasional special services. The job description can be found on the church website: providenceccdoc.org. Interested people are encouraged to call 859-272-3655 or email email@example.com.
Church Organist/Pianist (part time)
Winchester First United Methodist Church, Winchester, KY
This position will work in collaboration with the pastoral staff, music director and choir in providing accompanying piano and organ music for rehearsals, the congregation and choir at Sunday morning services, and during several special music events. As well, the organist would provide a prelude, offertory, and postlude for most Sunday services. Our musical assets include a Baldwin Grand piano, 1917, refurbished 21 Rank Pipe Organ, 18 member Choir, and 4 Octave Handbell Choir with extensive music library, including instrumental parts. In addition to having spiritual maturity and strength of character, the ideal candidate should have extensive organ performance experience in a church setting and knowledge of the appropriate literature.
Please submit resume, references and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.winfumc.org, Facebook: Winchester First United Methodist Church
Posted 12/17/2014, Updated 5/5/2015